“Friends, it’s no secret that Montreal has an awesome food scene. In fact, there’s so many spots that it might be easy to get a little lost in all the greatness. But there are a select handful of spots you absolutely need to get to, ASAP, especially if you’ve been meaning to get yourselves there forever!“
MTL BLOG – Miranda Cipolla
NEW “LUNCH OUTSIDE” OPTION!
In its constant desire of offering IEEE PIMRC delegates a memorable and unique experience during their stay in Montreal, the Local Organizing Committee has been working very hard over the last couple of weeks to give them the wonderful opportunity of mixing business with pleasure during lunch time by enjoying some of the best Montreal restaurants located in the vicinity of the conference venue. And it is today proud to announce solid arrangements just made with the few select fine dining restaurants listed below, a prowess in many aspects!
All delegates are a priori assumed to have lunch at the conference venue during the whole event. We have already made all necessary arrangements to let you experience Montreal’s great cuisine on site during all buffet lunch breaks of the conference. Should you, however, feel for a refreshing leaf-peeping walk outside, on some of the best fall-season days in Montreal, to enjoy daylight and discover some of the best Downtown restaurants, then the new “lunch outside” option we have just made possible from Tuesday 10 to Thursday 12 October is indeed for you!
Please read carefully all the instructions and details given at the bottom of this webpage should you be interested in claiming this new lunch option.
Bistro for friendliness and nomy for gastronomy. The Beaver Hall is located at the center of the business district and offers the great classics of Parisian and North American brasseries. Lunch and dinner menus present exceptional products. The classics of the great bistros in a chic decor with upholstered benches and wood paneling. Our popular Tartares, Fish and Chips or unique meat choices
BEAVER HALL MENU 1
Welcome to Peroni Resto-Bar, located in the heart of Downtown Montreal. Renowned for its fresh, home-made pasta, this unique restaurant offers a multitude of exquisite meals! Whether it’s for lunch or a night out with friends, you will be delighted by their savoury meals and their warm and friendly atmosphere. Let Peroni organize your special events and you will be amazed by their variety of typical Italian meals.
With its panoramic view, the Portus 360 reminds us of a lighthouse, a well present element in Portugal’s landscape. It safely welcomes back lovers of good food and good wine. This exceptional place reunites the finest of palates and curious of gourmets. Business guests can appreciate the opportunity to enjoy a high quality business lunch and invite clients and partners in a place that lives up to their expectations. Tourists appreciate the opportunity to experience Montreal through its warm Portuguese flavors and stunning views of the city. Portus360 is a place that showcases its local accents and reflects its international origins. A two floors establishment where tourists and residents of Downtown, Griffintown and Old Montreal enjoy a memorable moment thanks, in part, to the 360 degree rotation of the restaurant.
PORTUS 360 MENU 1
Vargas is situated in the heart of downtown Montreal business district, and walking distance to all the major hotels. Vargas is a chef driven American classic Steakhouse in an elegant and sophisticated ambiance, our focus is on quality and freshness, from our sustainably sourced fish to the perfectly aged Canadian Beef. Vargas is unique to the city to offer the combination of Sushi and Steak, you can’t go wrong with such a varied offer of flavours. Our wine cellar is extensive and offers something for everyone by the bottle or by the glass. The staff are always attentive and professional your GM’s Mike Digaletos and Stefano Apostolatos can cater to any private function and special requests.
VERGAS MENU 1
XO LE RESTAURANT – HOTEL LE ST-JAMES
XO Le Restaurant displays all the charms of an establishment characterized by a blend of refinement and utmost elegance: a destination of choice for Montréalers, tourists and business people alike. The wine list reserves treasures selected by Hotel Le St-James’ sommeliers in the finest cellars of the world. The charms of the premises transform each meal into an unforgettable experience. Using only the freshest ingredients, our Chef Julien Robillard creates seasonal delights for every occasion. Discuss business over breakfast or savour the elements of a romantic dinner. At Hotel Le St-James, we invite you to experience innovative cuisine accompanied by attentive and friendly service. Housed inside the formal Banker’s Hall, our restaurant has a dining section, lounge and two beautiful mezzanines. A few alcoves await you for intimate conversation or to celebrate a special event. After a productive day, enjoy an evening cocktail in XO Le Lounge where you will find the perfect atmosphere for private discussions and relaxed camaraderie. At XO Le Restaurant, you will receive gracious hospitality from the moment you place your reservation through the completion of your dining experience.
XO MENU 1
HOW TO CLAIM THIS NEW LUNCH OPTION?
Please read very carefully all the instructions and details given below.
● Check the group menus offered by the select fine dining restaurants listed above and make your choice for one menu, at one restaurant, at a given day between Tuesday 10 October and Wednesday 12 October. Making a choice will be difficult, we do expect and understand that 🙂 But you will need to make one with no ability to change it later, for obvious logistical reasons. Any choice you make will be an excellent one though, be sure of that. Besides, you still have the possibility of trying up to three different menus at three different restaurants on three different days of the conference!
● Once you settle for a choice, please go to the EDAS registration website and look for registration code groups “LO OC10”, “LO OC11”, and/or “LO OC12”, for lunch outside on Tuesday 10 October, Wednesday 11 October, and Thursday 12 October, respectively. Select under these registration code groups the code for the restaurant and the menu of your choice (some restaurants offer more than one menu, e.g., “LO OC10 Peroni Menu 2”); add it to your EDAS registration cart; carefully review your selection(s) before confirming your “lunch outside” registration on one, two, or three days of the conference. For obvious logistical reasons imposed by any restaurant when serving a group of people, even a small one, let alone the top restaurants we are dealing with (most having their regular business customers), registrations once confirmed can no longer be cancelled under any circumstances please!
● Take all the time you need. Not too much though should you think that this new lunch option is meant for you. Each restaurant’s capacity is limited and registrations will be confirmed on first-arrive first-serve basis until the restaurant block is sold out or the registration deadline expires for any given code. You will know it when the corresponding registration choice becomes unavailable online on EDAS. Some restaurant choices will no longer be available online on Friday 6 October after 18:00 PM no matter whether the block is sold out or not.
● When picking up your registration package, please make sure the lunch tickets or vouchers you will find in there do indeed reflect the lunch options and choices you have made, including having lunch on site at the conference venue.
● Due to any necessary capacity readjustments, it is possible that the very last “lunch outside” registrations be revoked back into on-site lunch at the conference venue on the basis of last in first out. Should it be the case with one or more of your registrations, we will let you know when collecting your registration package and lunch tickets, coupons, or vouchers.
● Please make sure you have with you the right lunch ticket, coupon, or voucher (all are QR-coded and clearly identified with each delegate’s full name) along with your conference badge before heading to the restaurant (or even to the conference lunch space if that is your choice). Having no ticket, coupon, or voucher means no admission on behalf of the conference under any circumstances please!
● All the select restaurants above are located at walking distance within a 500 m radius form the conference venue. It should not take you more than 10-15 minutes. You will be able to find walking directions to all restaurants in your registration package.
● Restaurants expect to serve our conference delegates between 12:15 and 13:15 PM. Should you plan to attend a workshop or a keynote starting at 13:00 PM, please avoid the “lunch outside” option on the corresponding day of the conference. Please check all schedules made available online at the conference’s PROGRAM AT A GLANCE webpage.
● A Local Organizing Team Member will be present at each restaurant to validate badges and collect vouchers on arrival and to facilitate your lunch service.
● You will need to pay only for any food & beverage extras not listed in the group menu you will have ordered.
Enjoy a wonderful culinary experience in Montreal; but please, come back on time to the conference! 😉